Ads 468x60px

Friday, June 10, 2011

UPDATE: Brain Mutiny.

This is my brain on concussion.

The weirdest things happen to me. I swear it.

So, uh... yeah...

Remember that brain thing I was talking about earlier in the week? Well, turns out, it's mutinied and I've been officially overthrown.

That little knock on the noggin that gave me some great insights into the long term ramifications on Pendomus... also wreaked havoc on the inner workings of my cortex.

Hellooooo concussion. 

It was one of those eureka type moments when all the weird stuff I've been thinking and feeling came into focus. I was talking with my hubby and he flippantly remarked, "Maybe you gave yourself a concussion. Hee hee."

The cracked lightbulb inside my head flickered briefly and I looked up the symptoms.

Guess what? They were talking about me behind my back!

  • Headache or a feeling of pressure in the head (Yep)
  • Temporary loss of consciousness (Duh, woke up on the floor)
  • Confusion or feeling as if in a fog (Wait, what happened?)
  • Amnesia surrounding the traumatic event (Uh, why the hell am I waking up on the floor?)
  • Dizziness or "seeing stars" (Ya-huh)
  • Ringing in the ears (You mean, it's not allergies?)
  • Nausea or vomiting (Only at first)
  • Slurred speech (I don't THINK this is me, but HELLLO, concussion victim)
  • Fatigue (Damn, I haven't slept so good in weeks!)


Er, I mean, yes, I have these types of symptoms.

Of course, I called my doctor straight away. He then proceeded to laugh at me. Well, really, he scheduled me an appointment in the middle of his lunch hour... listened closely and THEN he could proceed to laugh at me. HA!

Basically, I'm supposed to take it easy. Stop cracking my head on hard objects and I should be back to my abnormal self in no time. (AKA a couple weeks.)

Thanks, doc.

12 comments:

KrazieFish said...

Wow. That's rough. Rest up, and eat lots and lots of ice cream. I'm not sure why you should eat the ice cream, but I really think that one should always eat lots and lots of it.

Precy Larkins said...

Sorry, hun. Maybe you should limit the head-desk banging every other day or so... XD

Seriously now, hope you feel better soon. :) <3

Dana said...

Hope you're feeling better today. <3

Carissa Andrews said...

Hey, thanks for the kind words, guys! I'm still obnoxious and kicking around... but I'm taking the weekend off to chill. So if you don't see me a lot of twitter, that'd be why! :)

I slept for 11 hours last night, so that has to mean I'm on the mend, right? LOL!

Jacquelyn said...

Oh, wow. And you thought it was allergies??

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Carissa Andrews said...

Well, allergies have their play... but yeah. I'm a mess. LOL! It's been a weird freakin' week, to say the least. At least I've kept my sense of humor in tact, so that's good! HA!

Anonymous said...

Talk about having a bad week! What's next, a dog bite leads to rabbi shots (knock on wood)? Gah!

I hope you're doing fine...

KendallGrey said...

Oh no! Concussion bad! Go away, bad brain! Come back, good brain! Hope you feel better soon.

Ciara said...

Concussions are no fun. I hope you start feeling better soon!

Anita Grace Howard said...

EEK! Stop scaring me with your brain badnesses! I hope you get better soon, my friend. And no more baths for you. NOPE. You're a shower girl now. :)

Carissa Andrews said...

Yeah, oddly enough, I don't think that would help! It's the hot water, regardless. ;) I just need to stop boiling the frog! HAHAHA!

At least I'm starting to feel more like me. It's been a weird 10 days. LOL

G Blechman said...

*applauds*
Good job.

<3 Gina Blechman