Ads 468x60px

Monday, September 5, 2011

In the name of progress… so much for that.

Okay. It's crunch time, baby.

September 29th looms
The Moonlight and Magnolia's Conference is at the end of the month. My Goddamn Deadline blew by (did you feel that?) and after going through and organizing a brand-spanking new outline for the end of Pendomus… 

I realized today----> 

I still have six chapters to finish before then. 

Even after all I've done this week. 

*headdesk*

What in the hell? Have I been spinning my wheels? Evidently.

So, as you can tell, I'm a bit frustrated. It is what it is… 

I think part of the problem is the self-imposed deadline crap. I know I have this conference coming and yet, I always want to be ahead of the game. Sometimes that works… sometimes… yeah, I sit and spin. Psh.

So, I give up. 

Not on Pendomus. Nor getting my poop in a scoop for the conference.

No, I give up any preconceived notions of deadlines. I know what has to be done before September 29th. Rather than giving myself a coronary, I'm making that my new goal.  

Whilst I am at it… another thing I plan to give up in this month of pressure:

Perfection. 

Perfection is boring. Who needs it? I want a book that transcends perfection. 

The only way to make that happen… is to let it go.


0 comments: