Ads 468x60px

Friday, August 5, 2011

Embarrass Me[me] - Take ONE

Oh, god. I can't look.
I don't know why I do this to myself.
I must be a glutton for punishment. Yep, that's it.

So… here's the thing; Ms.Crazypants 
tagged me in another blog.

Something 'bout being on fire. ------>
(What's up with that?)

Now I'm supposed to come up with 7 embarrassing moments from my past.

Not quite sure how those two correlate or how I came about it… I think maybe Lyn was consuming a little too much alcohol at those belly-dancing Bulgarian night clubs she was chatting about.

As for me and MY embarrassing situations… 

I've either suppressed them OR I'm incredibly forgetful. Maybe both. (Was it the concussion?)

This is how bad it is, I had to inquire, NAY---> DEMAND stories from my friends and family, trying to jar my memory on stupid things I've done. After much prodding, I finally managed to compile my list of 7. Come to find out, my friends all seem to think I am either impervious to embarrassment or just really good at embarrassing them. HA! I guess that's not a bad place to be…

(You hear that CRIT gals… look out come Sept 29th. Eh-hem.)

Unfortunately… (or perhaps fortunately, I don't know) I'm too wordy for my own good. I've decided that since a human's attention span is approximately 3 minutes (thorough scientific research, you know), I'm gonna make this a weekly thing until I've got all 7… um, expunged from my memory banks permanently.

Here's numero uno on my damn list.

1. Boyfriend arrangement

True love on a bus.
So picture it… there I was, a timid little 8th grader sitting on the school bus, ready to get out of the hell-hole known as junior high. Despite popular opinion, I wasn't always the sexy, self-assured creature you have come to know and love. Alas, I was a geeky girl with a propensity for angsty poetry and drawing people who's eyes were far too big for their faces. (What, don't judge. I like eyes, okay? Psh.)

As the story has been replayed back to me; I had been flirting (albeit horribly) to a fellow geeky 8th grader of the opposite sex. (Eureka!). Now, at 13, or whatever god-awful age this was, I was floundering. Evidently, so was he.

 To my horror, A blonde beauty (with the cool permed hair I would have killed for back then) was seated in front of us and noticed the poor interplay. As if it wasn't bad enough to be an uber-geek, a complete stranger had to detect it. Oh, god. 

Crazy curly turned around and eyed the two of us mischievously with her wicked, multicolored eyes.
(Yes, they are TWO different colors, for realz.)

"Are you two going together?" She asked.

*Blank stares*

*swallow*

"Um, no." We both mumbled.

"Well, you are now." Curly declared. A scrawny finger was thrust through the air like a javelin at wide-eyed 8th grade boy. "Sit with her, already, would you?"

*blink*

*blink*

A smirk spread across her face and Curly sat back down.

You know what? It freakin' worked!

Once the crimson had faded from our cheeks, 8th-grade-deer-in-the-headlights-boy fumbled around for his backpack and moved over to my seat. It was love.

For all of three weeks

Love ya, curly girly!
Meh, it was 8th grade. What did you expect? That was long-term, man.

Ironical side note---> Crazy Curly turned out to be Beta-Reader-Extraordinaire. Huh.

Lesson learned: Love pops up unexpectedly.

~Occasionally in the form of nosy, curly-haired girls----------------->


  • Up next Friday...

2. Cutting my hair long

(Yes, you read that right. I have the pics to prove it.)

10 comments:

Sherry Adrian Dumpprope said...

Too funny!!!

So whenever I'm a tad blunt with my beta-reading feedback, you just remember that you knew what you were getting into! I never falsely represented my total unwillingness to beat around the bush. ;)

Love you back, you crazy creative person!!!

Oh, and lastly... I don't know how, I don't know when, but be sure that one day I will get my revenge for you sharing this picture! Even if I have to start my own blog just to do it! Ha! ;)

Jennie Bennett said...

lol! Oh my, Junior High Love. I think we all had something embarrassing happening in the love department at that age. For me it was rejecting a guy on his birthday, I don't know why I'm still embarrassed about that, but I just felt so bad... oh well.

TLJeffcoat said...

That's a pretty awkward story. Loved it. The best part is the first comment to this was from the same person who caused the awkward moment. It amazed me that you two not only know each other but speak to each other after all these years.
I think I embarrass myself daily, so I'm surprised you struggled to come up with stuff. Has to be the head thing. I'm just glad that injury didn't end your creativity.

Carissa Andrews said...

Remember the pretty lunch… pretty lunch I'm bringing you out to today, Sherry. :D

@Jen- Oh, man! That would be bad! I'd be so embarrassed, too! Poor kid. Poor you!

@Tim- I'm so glad that I didn't lose my entire brain, too. Whew. It is awfully weird I couldn't remember stuff… But now that I've been given stories… Oh, lordy!

Anonymous said...

Fun revisit to high school! Now I want to know the rest of the story though. What caused the breakup after 3 weeks? There's a story there I'm thinking!

Scintillant Sam said...

<.< ... >.>... I don't think #1 Sounds very embarrassing, I think you can do better than that. I know I could, and I could even come up with the all by myself. sheesh.

Carissa Andrews said...

LOL! A story idea… oh… lordy. I could probably find some way to use it.

@Kioko- Yes, well, I'm saving the more embarrassing ones for further down the road… have to give people something to look forward to! ;)

But feel free to explain YOUR embarrassing moments in the comments section. HA!

Unknown said...

I will NOT start this comment with lol.. I wanna keep you on your toes, missy. :P

So... big eyes huh? I've a thing for big smiles. You know, if we joined forces, we'd attract ALIENS! Teehee.

I told you on twitter I love this idea... but how can you CUT your hair long, woman? When you cut it, it falls, not grows. :P

And finally, the most embarrassing thing with a guy in my life was when I wrote my crush letters in elementary school and pretended to be from another city. They called me by the city's name for all the rest of school. *sigh* I gotta start thinking of better ways to flirt! :D

Anita Grace Howard said...

Haha! I think the coolest thing that came of this is you found a lifetime friend! SWEET.

T.S. Welti said...

Angsty poetry and big-eyed humans? Pretty much explains my junior high experience to a tee. So sad your arranged romance didn't last. :(