Ads 468x60px

Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Lucky 7 Meme & Excerpt from Pendomus


It's been a while since I was tagged in a fun Meme…  but today I was tagged by the lovely Abby Geiger and I thought this would be a fun one to play along with. 
The idea is to take either page 7 or page 77 of your current manuscript and give an excerpt for people to read. 
What I've decided to post is from page 7 of the very first chapter of Pendomus. Enjoy. 


                                                     -----------------------------
Maybe Baxten’s right. Maybe I’m broken.
I never should have told him of my plan to escape— to live in the woods. I suppose a part of me figured he’d be thrilled. Instead, he laughed at me.
"Right. You plan on going to live out there with the Morph? Its evolutionary leap defied nature. No one can predict what it's capable of now and no little girl is going to stand a chance against it. Not to mention, there's no RationCaps in the woods. It's not as if food grows on dead trees, you know."
Halting my progress to nowhere in particular, I crumple down, curling into a ball in the freezing snow. 

-----------------------------


So, here's the rules if you want to play:
1. Go to page 7 or 77 of your manuscript
2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next seven lines or sentences
4. Tag 7 people

Here's my list of people I'm poking in hopes they also play along:
6.) Gina Penn 

0 comments: